4 Star Camps has been a leader in conducting outstanding summer programs for over 5 decades.
Located at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, our summer camps have a number of options for players of all ages and skill levels. The dedication and friendliness of our staff is why we’re considered one of the best summer tennis camps in Virginia. Whether you are a beginner looking to learn the game or an advanced high school player hoping to improve for next season or an elite junior tennis player looking to obtain a scholarship, 4 Star Camps is the summer tennis camp for you.
Our summer tennis camps are run by Patrick Kearns and Troy Porco who between the two of them have over 60 years of coaching experience. Patrick has won many tennis awards including High School Coach of the Year. Troy Porco, UVA Women’s Associate Head Coach serves as the Director of the Tennis Programs along with Patrick Kearns.
Highlights of our summer tennis camps:
Campers can do all-day tennis, or pair it with academics, golf, or an afternoon workshop
Highlights of our Tennis Programs
- Directed by 2013 Virginia High School Coach of the Year and USPTA Executive Director Patrick Kearns and UVa Women’s Associate Head Tennis Coach Troy Porco
- Six hours of training every day (three hours in the morning, three in the afternoon)
- Small group instruction with stroke development, strategy sessions and drilling
- A Singles and Doubles Development Program with on-court demos by senior staff and developmental and competitive drills
- An end-of-the-week tournament to practice new skills in real competition
- The development of a plan to enable students to achieve their goals while at camp
- A workbook documenting student’s daily tennis activities and improvement
- End of camp evaluations and recommendations for a student’s continued improvement
- Stroke analysis with instructional critique by our Senior Staff for every student Daily Strategy Sessions on topics ranging from tactics to topspin to mental toughness
- Daily conditioning and warm-ups that introduce players to proper stretches and exercises that will improve stamina and protect against injuries
- Appropriate grouping with players of similar skill level
Weekly Boarding Program- This is our signature tennis program that starts with check in on Sunday and ends on Friday morning. This is the complete camp experience for boys and girls ages 13-18.
Cost $995.00 per week
Full Time Day Student -This program is for players who want our signature program without boarding at the dorms. You still get all of the tennis and meal programs and Thursday night activities. This is the ideal program for Central Virginia players interested in participating in our signature tennis programs. Ages 12-18 years old.
Cost: $595.00 per week.
½ Day Morning Program- This program is for players who only want to participate in our morning program. Meals are not included in this program except the Thursday night dinner on “The Corner”. Camper pick up and drop off is at St. Anne’s Belfield Tennis Courts. Ages 12-18 years old.
Cost: $300.00 per week
Tennis Plus Program- This program is for campers who board for one week and want to play tennis in the morning and do a different sports or arts activity in the afternoon. This is for the camper who is looking for a more diversified experience. Ages 13-18 years old.
If you want your child to have a positive summer camp experience, send them to 4 Star Camps where we dedicate ourselves to providing you with the most outstanding summer experience – “a summer that lasts a lifetime”.