Held on the beautiful grounds of one of the most prestigious American universities – the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, our Academic, Golf and Tennis Camps are all designed for students from abroad and for those students who have recently relocated to the United States. Each program offers an immersion style experience filled with fun, stimulating instruction and new friendships that are guaranteed to provide life-long memories.
Charlottesville, VA is located 2 hours southwest of Washington, DC.
Academic, Golf and Tennis
Programs are available for:
Ages 14 – 18 (for Academics see our Senior Program for more information or for Tennis Camps or Golf Camps refer to those sections.)
Ages 12 – 13 (for Academics see our Junior Program for more details or for Tennis Camps or Golf Camps refer to those sections.)
- Stimulating and Rewarding Classes – a well designed curriculum which targets the language skills needed to communicate proficiently in English.
- World Renowned Golf and Tennis Camps to take you to the next level.
- Fun Activities Outside the Classroom – provide an opportunity to make new friends, try something new and work on your conversational skills.
- Day Trips to Washington, DC and the historical area in and around Charlottesville where three presidents lived – Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe.
- Tour Mr Jefferson’s University of Virginia which is included on UNESCO’s prestigious World Heritage list.
- Outstanding Staff and Instructors – some of whom are from abroad themselves. Our personable and well-trained staff are dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for all our students that balances structure and choice.
- Easy access to the University of Virginia in Charlottesville via Washington Dulles International (IAD) airport which offers non-stop service from Asia and Europe and is only 2 hours from Charlottesville.
Upon Acceptance to 4 Star Camps
Upon acceptance, 4 Star Camps will send the applicant an official letter of acceptance by email confirming that he or she has been approved for admission and his or her approved courses of study. The email will confirm the program dates, pre-arrival information, and the tuition, fees, and payment deadline.
International Students Accepted for Two or Four Week Non-Credit Courses
International Students accepted to the two-week or four week non-credit courses who are citizens of countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program may travel to the U.S. in the Waiver for Tourist (WT) immigration status. They must have an electronic passport and an approved authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA™). Please consult the website of the U.S. consulate in your country for more information.
Students from non-participating countries must obtain a B2 visa from a U.S. consulate in their country. Please consult the website of a U.S. consulate in your country for instructions on applying.
Students who are dual citizens (and will enter the U.S. on their U.S. passport) or are U.S. permanent residents (Green Card holders) do not need to apply for a visa.
All international students admitted to the 4 Star Camps and traveling to the United States must ensure they have a valid passport (valid for at least six months from date of entry) for travel to and from the program for the duration of the program.
International and non-U.S. citizens participating in the Pre-College program are required to have health insurance. Short term health insurance may be available through Seven Corners, Inbound Guest, (www.sevencorners.com).